Monday, May 3, 2010

The Next Step...after graduation!



After graduation, we are faced with many decisions...Some questions we ask ourselves are : What should I do with my life now?, Where should I continue my education?...Should I get a job? and so much more!

These questions are never-ending and we must decide sooner or later what we want to do with our lives.

Personally, I myself am undecided! I don't know what I will do after sixth form in Belize and well it's just really complicated and deciding on something is just something i don't want to do as yet!....Some people I know have already figured it out...They have a plan which for some they have been planning for since childhood. Sometimes it's hard to watch them because they already know what they want to be, where they plan to go in life and how much children they want to have!!!! I swear it's crazy!

All this is stress for me and well forms as a form of pressure. There are so many colleges available and also there is the job market that we can choose to enter. How do I know which one is the right one for me?

So for all those out there who feel just as stressed and indecisive as me you can consider the following tips ( I myself am trying some out!)
  • Talk to your on campus advisor. There must be someone present who can educate you with knowledge about available schools and jobs.
  • Also you can use the interent. Take the initiative look for colleges on your own or recruit your friends to help!
  • Look in newspapers! If it's a job you are looking for search through newspapers for advertisements and job offerings. You may even encounter available scholarships!
  • Talk to someone! They can help you get on the right path and start your college/ job search early so you aren't left behind!

These and more will help you make some decisions ab0out the future and what you plan to do with your life! From personal experience....It's your future so take CHARGE!!!!!

Here are some links you can use to help with your college search both abroad and at home here in Belize :



No comments:

Post a Comment